View Single Post
Old
08-04-2011, 08:07 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
I think Weber is SLIGHTLY overrated. Don't flame me. I said slightly. He's the hot commodity right now. He may not keep up this pace for the next 10 or even 5 years. I think our defense is growing ideally and going to peak at the right time. I think if we can get Zach Parise on this team, it would put us over the top. He fits this new Rangers identity 100%. He is a clutch goal scorer. It would be enormous for us to somehow snatch Parise up. It'd be almost too good to be true. The "ex-Devil" stigma (about how Gomez, Holik, Driver, etc. didn't work out here) is just as irrelevant as those who argued against Brad Richards because of Wade Redden and Chris Drury. I'd go nuts if we sign Parise for nothing but cap-space next summer. I have a feeling he goes to Pittsburgh or Detroit, though, but a lot can change in one year. If the Rangers have a big year and put to rest a lot of the question marks about them being real contenders, why wouldn't Zach want to come here? I don't think "loyalty" to an organization that prioritized him after Kovalchuk would stand in our way.
We won't be as lucky as we were with Richards. I think if Parise comes here, its because we gave him the most money.

iamitter is offline   Reply With Quote