View Single Post
Old
08-04-2011, 08:43 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
They wouldn't be "replacing" the Islanders, they'd be giving the building some form of event that was consistent to sell. What else are they going to do if they keep the coliseum up? Concerts is all theyd have left, cause there's no more Dragons, I don't think any lacrosse teams play there, and the Isles would be gone. If it's an AHL team or nothing I th ink they'd prefer an AHL team.

If the Isles move to Brooklyn or Queens they'd be staying within the vicinity as their best and only option versus a complete relocation of everything. And they'd be adding mass transit. Not that it has ANYTHING to do with what I've been talking about, but it'd arguably be easier to get to games for a lot of people, especially ones that don't have cars.
I think you underestimate the anger and bitterness there would be--something that would prevent a team associated with the Rangers from even considering the move. And I think you overestimate significantly the number of Ranger fans who have any interest in going regularly to see a AHL team regardless of whether they live on the Island or not.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote