View Single Post
Old
08-04-2011, 11:18 PM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
I think we should be a little hesitant in stating in definitive terms that Andrei will be alongside Eller this season. Who really knows how the lines will come about, at the start, or during the season.

We also have no idea who Cole will form good chemistry with. I could see him as a good line mate beside Gomez and Gionta for example, and Martin might like the experience of that line.
The good thing is that if Cole does end up with Gomez/Gio, then I can see them click well, maybe even more so than with Plek/Cammy.
If that's the case, then you know Plek-Cammy-AK can work pretty well together as well. This would mean sending MaxPac on the 3rd line. Him and DD have had solid chemistry together in the AHL last year, put them next to Eller (a stronger/bulkier one than last year) that was slowly starting to dominate his weaker opponents, and I could see them rip it up as well.
Put MaxPac with Plek/Cammy and AK with Eller/DD, and I could see these lines dominate as much as the previous combos.
The only question mark would be if AK was placed with Gomez, seeing how it was a huge failure last year, but they were also completed most of the time by a role player. If Gionta is the one completing them, I could see some success, although maybe not as much as other combinations.

That's what's so great about our roster next season up front. Yea, we don't have a dominant superstar, but we seem to have a well balanced group of top9 players that will compliment each other perfectly.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote