View Single Post
Old
08-04-2011, 11:58 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolChamp View Post
I'm shocked that you would do this trade. It leaves us with a hole much bigger than the one it fixes.

do you remember the playoffs? This team had all kinds of trouble scoring WITH Kesler in the lineup.. It would be a disaster without him.
yes I know how valuable Kesler is to the Canucks, and it would definitely hurt to lose him. But IMO franchise dman are next to impossible to get, and if you can get a player of Weber's calibre - like I said a young Chris Pronger who's already dominant and just starting to get into his prime years - I'd make that deal, granted you get that player long-term at below market value (which is what we have with Kesler).

Losing Kesler would hurt, but IMO it would still be a lot easier to build a dominant team without Kesler and with Weber than the other way around. Again moot point because you'd never get Weber at that type of contract, but if you could, I'd make that trade.

But like I said, I'd much rather wait 2 yrs till he's a UFA and try and build a team with both pieces.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote