View Single Post
Old
08-05-2011, 12:38 AM
Talks to Goalposts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Dipietro View Post
I never said he was. The challenge was finding "3rd" liners with 0.5 ppg, so I came up with that list.

The point is, with the right linemates and enough ice-time, there's no reason he shouldn't improve on last year's numbers. And if he falls short, it will not be for lack of skill or questionable work ethic
Power play time tends to be a bigger factor than talent for these types of players though. I think that with bottom six-ice time Desharnais would probably be around of 1.8 points per 60 minutes even strength for about 10 minutes of ES ice time a game for about 25 ES points over 82 games. If he plays serious top nine minutes and gets 13 ES min per game then it goes up to the lower 30s.

Getting more than that will depend on either winning a permanent role on the power play or rising in the depth charts, which is doable for DD but difficult considering the talent above him.He's good on the PP so could net another 15 points to reach 40 over the season if he had a regular job on one of the 2 units.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote