Thread: Player Discussion: Shea Weber
View Single Post
08-05-2011, 10:39 AM
I taught Yoda
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
which is why Poile never should've let it come to that point. If weber wanted a one year deal worth 8 million I would've given it to him simply to avoid this awful procedure and enable me to go out and get a scoring forward knowing I had my most important player locked up for at least one year.

It seems like I was right all along, Weber doesn't want to commit to us because he doesn't see a champion and I can't blame him. Our window of opportunity is the next 2-3 years if we can retain Weber, Suter, and Pekka. We need to make the most of our opportunity and go out there and take the stanley cup, not hope that Spaling is going to be a top six forward. You have top 10 talents on the blue line and the best goaltender in the world. If you squander this opportunity we may as well fold as a franchise. This is our best chance to win a cup and I for one will be livid if Poile botches it in the next two or three years. Looks like Shea agrees with me too.

So would 8.5 be too high for you? 10? Where is that line?

Weber is a RFA who says he wants to stay, then goes for a short term deal. He wants to see so called improvements and commitments while engaging in actions that make it impossible. Poile can't even consider spending like crazy on 1 July (not that it's likely he would) when his #1 signing priority is still unsigned.

There's plenty of blame for all here.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote