vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
really?

they've added:
Erhoff
Leino
Regehr
Kotalik (remains to be seen if he stays given that they are over the cap)

to replace:
Montador
Connolly
Butler
grier

imo that's a pretty undeniable upgrade in talent.

add to that Roy's return (health is a ?, not unlike Markov/Gorges/MaxPac whom we are also counting on to return healthy)

and the continued development of young players like Myers (who should benefit greatly playing next to regher), Vanek, Stafford, Ennis & Sekera

and I think it's a pretty -shall we say ambitious?- statement to make to be "unconvinced that they are better than they started with" .

The facts, as I see them, is that the 2011 Sabres are more talented and deeper than the 2010 Sabres. I'd be interested to hear a rational argument to the contrary (i don't think Leino/Erhoff performing worse than they did last year equates to them being less effective than Connolly/Montador, do you?)

I'm all for optimistic thinking, but not at the expense of ignoring pretty substantial evidence... or does your statistical crystal ball forsee that erhoff/leino/regher will all wilt under the pressure of "regression to the mean"
Montreal still made improvements and finished ahead of Buffalo last year (albeit by a tie-breaker)

They have added:

Markov
Gorges
Cole

To replace:

Wisniewski
Picard
Pouliot

Also getting a healthy Pacioretty and Cammalleri back. Gomez will most likely have a better season as well.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote