View Single Post
Old
08-05-2011, 11:34 AM
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Oh, please. "QUARREL" or fight. And that's exactly how I meant it and how I interpret "scrapping". I said the right thing. If someone said me and the wife were scrapping last night, would you interpret that as a knock down drag out fight or a nasty argument? The reports indicated that he was taunting police and acting like a punk, like usual.

I like Avery, but he's worn out his welcome as far as I'm concerned, no matter how much you over-analyze one word in my statement.
Nobody I know would ever say they were scrapping with their wife because, regardless of dictionary definitions, scrapping almost always implies physically fighting. I would say that I scrapped with my brother back in the day, if we got into a small, wrestling match and maybe threw a couple of swings. If someone told me they scrapped with their wife, my reaction would literally always be "What? You were like... physically fighting with your wife?". I don't know why you'd even be so insistent as to go look up the dictionary definition and post it in defense of your statement. You know full well that calling it a scrap was the exact kind of over exaggeration we were talking about. It was a single shove and completely trivial and insignificant. You only know about it because the pinnacle of reporting that is TMZ carried this hot, juicy story.