View Single Post
Old
08-05-2011, 12:55 PM
Miller Time

vCash: 500
it will be interesting to see what the final lines end up like... I wouldn't jump the gun and assume right away that Cole gets a top-6 spot and Kost gets "bumped" to the third line.

Martin might favor lining Cole up next to Eller, giving the young guy a bit of a "mentor" winger to take some of the pressure off of playing bigger minutes, especially if DD is the bookend winger...

Cammy-Pleks-Akost
MaxPac-Gomez-Gionta
Cole- Eller- DD
Moen- White- Darche

even more interesting would be to see DD put on the first line, with Cammy/Pleks, and then seeing a third line of Cole-Eller-Kost... would give opposing teams a very difficult task of matching up, while undersized, Cammy-Pleks-DD would still be offensively dynamic, and a cole-eller-kost line would have the size and offensive talent to cause matchup nightmares for most team...

Cammy-Pleks-DD
MaxpAc-Gomez-Gionta
Cole-Eller-Kost

or break up the gomez line...

Cammy-Pleks-gionta
MaxPac-Gomez-DD
Cole-Eller-Gionta

or perhaps split Cammy-pleks...

MaxPac- Pleks- DD
Cammy- Eller- Kost
Cole- Gomez- Gionta

really, there are lot of feasible combinations to start the season, I hope Martin does a bit of experimenting in practice/preseason, and takes strong input from all 3 centres in making his decision.
in any case, I think the likelyhood is that we see Kost have a career year this year, regardless of which line he ends up on. As great as it will be for our chances at success this year, it will put PG into a tough spot decision wise... keep him for the playoff run or move him for a small ransom @ the deadline if an extension isn't looking feasible

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote