Thread: Shea Weber
View Single Post
Old
08-05-2011, 01:57 PM
Neal Before Zod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
That is a ridiculous argument. What if he gets injured? What if he has a horrible year? I would've rather spent the 500k to avoid arbitration than have to go through the process.

Am I the only one that cares about how the team is portrayed around the NHL and in Nashville? Seriously? Instead of getting weber signed we had to go through weeks of speculation and dozens are articles land blasting the preds for offering weber 4.75M. What does this say about our franchise? I know it is a negotiating number but that isn't what the media is going to report and casual fans who jumped on the band wagon aren't going to understand either. Am I the only one that sees a window of opportunity to be an elite team with the addition of a top six forward? The next 2-3 are going to be very defining for our franchise. Are are willing to pay the price to be a winner, or are we going to have to rebuild again.
Possibly. I'm pretty much numb to the perception after the way we were treated through the first 12 or so seasons. Sure, I would like them to portray us in a more positive light, but it doesn't really bother me when they don't. Most of the time, it just shows their bias and ignorance beaming gloriously through. I'd rather our players have a positive view of Nashville...and from what I can tell...most of them do.

Neal Before Zod is offline   Reply With Quote