View Single Post
Old
08-05-2011, 01:28 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
I've lived in St-Bruno a long time, had many friends around there, Ste-Julie and St-Basile, have encountered Theo many times and his reputation over there is exactly what you said.

Met Koivu once, very reserved, but also very kind, and I knew people who were saying he was smaller than 5'10 were full of it, as I'm 5'11 and we were about the same height. Koivu really had it hard from many fans and journalists over the years (even DeFoy still complained about his lack of being forthcoming with Journalists when Cole signed with us, I mean, get over it dude), it's a surprise that he lasted that long and a testament of the strong character he has. He wasn't perfect, but he was far from as bad as a lot of people made him out to be.

Not surprised about Lafleur either. Saw him in person 2-3 years ago, such a bitter old man.

The one guy I met, who I thought was really great is Mike Bossy, when I lived in Boisbriand. That guy is just really great in person. Smilling, friendly with everyone, really down to earth. He really seemed to appreciate what life has given him.
Met Bossy once at the Arena Mike Bossy Seemed like a really nice man. Smiling at everyone and joking with all the kids.

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote