View Single Post
Old
08-05-2011, 02:06 PM
Bort Sampson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
Obviously you do not see the big picture... the forgiving on BOTH sides without blame or really bad words. It was a step by both sides but it could have been a closure of some sort.

I was at the game also but I didn't need it to remember the building where I attended games and events since leaving the military in 1969.

Primeau was honored as a captain, which he was... and why would they not? He was one of many and not singled out in any way -- Lindros was as it turned out, in his video -- Why do you begrudge Primeau his place beside other former captains and the introduction of the current one?

It was not about the Spectrum in our discussion IMO... it is about a chance for both sides to move on.

I will not go into your claim that one side was clearly in the wrong... with that stance there will and can never be peace in his matter. Maybe that is why there isn't.
So what did Lindros do wrong again? His father was a problem, sure. But what did Lindros do to deserve being left out of Flyers history for so long?

And to the bolded: Primeau was never a captain for the Flyers at the Spectrum. He was never a Flyer on the Spectrum ice.

I also find it pretty telling that you're trashing a guy for not showing up to a ceremony for a pre-season game that you claim you didn't need to attend to remember the Spectrum. If the game itself meant nothing to you, what did the 10-minute pre-game ceremony mean?

People find any reason to bash the guy. Get over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
In all seriousness, I don't care about the broken business relationship... I care about the history of my team being celebrated as it should be.
But you never had a problem with the Lindros era being completely ignored by the current Flyers' organization?

Just now.