View Single Post
Old
08-05-2011, 02:36 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 4250
Had the pleasure of chatting with a pair of people "in the know" yesterday. A well connected Kelowna Rockets scout and someone from inside the Blades organization.

The feeling around Siemens is that they are going to give him every chance in the world to make the team. Even with the signings of guys like O'Brien and Hunwick, the team feels as if Siemens could potentially come in and earn a role with the Avs.

This might not be ground breaking news or anything, but it kind of is...because it sounds as if Colorado has no idea how their blueline will shake out come training camp.

Several of these rookies (Siemens, Elliott, Barrie, Chouinard, Gaunce) could force some of the vets (Hunwick, O'Brien, Cumiskey) to the sidelines.

I've said it before and I will say it again, Siemens isn't ready. He has all the tools in the world to play at the next level already, including an NHL man body at the age of 17, but he still has too many mistakes. He's not ready.

The feeling seems to be that he will get to play in all the exhibition games and potentially 4-5 to start the season before being sent back.

I know everyone here in the Blades office is crossing their fingers he's back...and I truly think he will be. I also expect to see a 'C' on his chest here in the WHL.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote