View Single Post
Old
10-22-2003, 02:32 PM
Reign Nateo

vCash: 500
Jonas Johansson scouting report:

Well I did updates for the Avs board but now that Johansson is a Cap I'll do one here for ya. I am a big WHL fan and the Blazers are my favourite team. Johansson is also one of my favourite players and I watch him closely (along with most other NHL picks)

Well "Yo-Yo" as he is called is having a poor season by his standards, that along with his increased PIM may have been the reason for his availability. He is playing sloppy undisciplined hockey in Kamloops. Having said that I think he is top six NHL material, and the Avs were STUPID to trade him, they stole him in the draft and then gave him away.

The good:
-Explosive skater. This kid can skate, and stickhandle. His skating however is what will impress you the most, very agile and not so much fast but explosive he finds the holes. A real snipers skating style.
-Great stickhandler, probably the best stickhandler on the Blazers.
-Nice wrist shot, actually it can be a lazer. This guy is deadly on the PP from the slot.
-Mean streak. Doesn't get pushed around.
-A sniper, but can pass, good hockey sense

The not so good:
-Intensity level. In my opinion he could play in the AHL right now, perhaps he feels the same way. The problem is he needs to work harder.
-Reckless undisciplined penalties.
-Has a mean streak but not gritty by any means.
-Injury history

Needs to turn this season around, so far his stats are:

13gp 4g 5a 9pts 20PIM

Playing with overager and Pens draft pick Erik Christensen, Jonas needs to be better. I think he will. He should end up with at least a PPG, otherwise there may be some development problems, I'll keep you updated!