View Single Post
Old
08-05-2011, 08:05 PM
AndersUlfBobby
Was there 35 yrs ago

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Please, I encourage you to find me something that jackass has said that is positive about Winnipeg. The golden horseshoe is the only thing he ever talks about in a positive way.
No, he hates Hamilton too.

I listen to PTS religiously via podcast and haven't missed a show in about 2 years. He's pretty Toronto-centric. He actually did his show from the Vancouver Olympics last winter and they had to almost kidnap him to get him out of Toronto.

He's mentioned several times that he's never been to Winnipeg. Prior to the May 31 announcement, he's always been adamant that Wpg could not support NHL hockey for more than a couple of years. He's been somewhat more positive about Winnipeg's return to the NHL since then. It does seem like he has some friends within the inner circles of the NHL, but he's really not a hockey guy (baseball is his #1 sport), so he doesn't make too many rash statements about hockey things that he says that he has heard. I haven't listened to today's podcast yet, but it sort of surprises me that he's said what he did today.

AndersUlfBobby is offline   Reply With Quote