View Single Post
Old
08-05-2011, 10:06 PM
BluesFan45
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemandan View Post
Awesome. Thanks for these, anything hockey during the summer helps...

As far as design, it looks very much like a template was used. When I load an article, half of the page is the same as any other article. And it is the same all the time. I'd move the Twitter feed above the search function. Try reducing the margins on the page, those are two huge white stripes running down either side of the screen that could be better used. Maybe a splash of more color? Anyway, just some ideas from someone that has no idea what they are talking about.
Just about every hockey blog site out there is based off of Wordpress so you'll see a lot of "templates" where ever you go. Nature of the beast.

Depending on your browser settings you will see less area on the sides. When I look at the site w/ IE 7 at work, it's two columns and that's it. W/ Firefox or Chrome on my Mac at home I get the wider margins.

The color aspect is something I'd like to change so seeing others bring it up certainly helps my decision making easier. Thanks.

Do you think the right hand column feels clunky? It does to me. Not sure how to tweak it, but its something on my list.

BluesFan45 is offline   Reply With Quote