View Single Post
Old
08-06-2011, 08:41 AM
seafoam
Fluorescent Adolescent

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
Why is everyone talking like Nabokov is going to come in and instantly become a very valuable trade asset. He absolutely stunk the joint out in Russia last year and then pulled one of the worst hissy fits I've ever seen when the Islanders claimed him. Even Detroit knew that there was a 99.9% he would get claimed, why was he so
shocked? Detroit or any contender wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole now. No team that wants to win a stanley wants a guy who has a terrible attitude like Nabokov on their team. The Islanders shouldn't
either. He basically spit in your faces last year and now your going to let him be your number one goalie? If Snow was smart, he'd send him to Bridgeport because
his trade value will be the same down there as it is in the NHL. His career is likely over.
I don't know who you root for. But the Islanders need veterans with experience and prior success, especially in goal. Right now he may be the best goalie and could possibly give the team the best chance to win. Ya I'm sure he didn't want to play for us last year but who did? This year everyone starts at 0-0-0 so we could very well be a playoff team, which he wanted to play for.

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote