Thread: Player Discussion: Shea Weber
View Single Post
Old
08-06-2011, 09:49 AM
hockey diva

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
Not to sound demeaning but why oh why do your owners rely so heavily on Rev sharing to make money? If they are that worried then maybe it is time to raise ticket prices spend a little more money on salary ice a true contender and see what the fan base thinks then. Rather than cheap tickets low payroll and 10 mil a season from the other teams. Our fans are screaming because mgmt still has 6 mil or so till we are at the cap and we want them to go out and get someone else. We want out owners and management to spend the money alloted by the cap every season. I miss the non cap days.
Sadly our owners need revenue sharing to shore up our finances right now. We don't have rich beer company guys for owners. I hate that we have to budget to get revenue sharing. I would love it if we got to the point of not needing that money. But we haven't yet. Though I would never want to have to pay the ticket prices y'all have to pay for sure. That is just nuts but Habs fans are nuts from what I have seen.

And spending to the cap doesn't always equal success as you well know. Spending for the sake of spending is silly.

Now guys, you know dryden likes stiring the pot, answer his question and move on.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote