View Single Post
Old
08-07-2011, 05:27 AM
Rafik Soliman
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swisdan View Post
Possible Nino'll miss the next WM but i don't think so for Bärtschi.

Speaking of Niederreiter and Bärtschi.... Do you think Richard could the frontrunner to be the swiss high profil for the draft 2012. It seems he has all the tools to perform well next year in the CHL.
Tanner needs a great OHL rookie season in the mold of Bärtschi's to get better recognition and get drafted (Of course a strong WJC will help too)... I can see him having success with his speed, puckhandling and his feisty play, but I see him having disciplinary issues, since he's sometimes furious and wreckles (against the u20 Germans he held a stick of a german player, who was involved in a brawl on the ice, from the bench) and stuff like that could hurt his status....

He should not have any problems adjusting to north america, since his Parental Canadienship and he's english speaking. Then again he has been a star in the Rappi-Organisation since his Moskito-Days when I saw him the first time and he also plays like that. His biggest adjustment probably will be to subordinate to a new team and new rules...

But yes, I could see him with a great season in the OHL (which I think is the stronger league than the WHL - but that is a strong theme ) be the first swiss getting chosen...

Rafik Soliman is offline   Reply With Quote