View Single Post
Old
08-07-2011, 01:34 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfinkel1 View Post
I was thinking about the Rangers today and what are our real weaknesses. With the addition of Richards we have a seriously strong team this year and barring any serious injuries I see us a lock for the playoffs.

Anyways, Looking at our line up I find it amazing that, in my opinion, the success of this club rests on the backs of two sophomore defenseman in Sauer and McD. Richards/Gabbi clicking will be important but if they don't we can still be successful. They are both skilled players and we can juggle the lines to make it work... However, We have a serious lack of depth at the top 4 D position and if either one of these guys goes down long term we are in serious trouble.

McD or Sauer regressing this year could easily lead to our downfall. We are relying heavily on two defenseman with 1 year experience looking down the barrel of the notorious sophomore slump. I'm expecting this line to playing ~15min a game (1/4 of the game to put it in perspective).

What is the biggest concern you see this team has that could lead to our demise?
Our biggest concern is Richards being Richards. I have no doubt that he will be. But IMO, our defense was rock solid last year, our biggest concern this year will be scoring goals and the power play. Richards should help fix that A LOT

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote