View Single Post
Old
08-07-2011, 02:59 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

vCash: 500
Also, to back up SuperSonic, who I totally agree with, JVR and Kreider are great comparables. I know goal-scoring isn't the only stat in hockey, but in 68 games at New Hampshire, JVR put up 28 goals. In 70 games at BC, Kreider has put up 26 goals. Very similar. And as much as you guys want to say it's BS, it is not BS that Kreider got less ice-time. JVR at New Hampshire definitely got a ****-load more ice-time than Kreider has been getting at BC due to Yorks system.

Then you have his stats at the WJC and WC. He has a combined 18 points in 26 games, and even when he doesn't score, he stands out. Now you could say, "but JVR had 21 points in 12 games at the WJC", but for the most part, their stats are very comparable. He has developed into a very nice two-way forward with great defense. The fact that with less ice-time he still has very comparable stats to JVR makes me very happy, along with how well his defensive side of the game is. Oh, and JVR was a #2 pick, Kreider was a #19 pick, there is a reason one of them has better stats. I'm very happy with Kreider's progression, when comparing it to JVR

If Kreider turned out to be a JVR, I don't even know how ecstatic I would be. Kreider is a stud.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote