View Single Post
Old
08-07-2011, 03:10 PM
Ghetto Sangria
Groupthink

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Name one player that was drafted under Gauthier's watch that even resembles Smith-Pelly.

A week or so ago the singer for The Blushing Brides was on team 990 and he had something very interesting to say. As a 16 year old he played hockey and although he loved the Habs he was crazy about Bobby Clarke and tried to emulate his style of play. You know who his coach was? Pierre Gauthier. and Pierre hated his style of play. The singer - I forget his name - did say that Pierre was an elegant hockey player but he added that he despised the Bobby Clarke's of the world. And hated the way he played. Actually, in one game the singer got into a fight trying to protect the team, after the fight Pierre told him take your stick and go home.

I see Gauthier making half-assed efforts like getting a Berger (or a burger) who'll probably resemble Kilger more than he'll resemble Smith-Pelly but I don't see Gauthier making any effort to get that kind of player.
It's all Hindsight... Maybe what he hated about Bobby Clarke was the cheap shot aspect? You telling me you like that, although no **** there is more to Clarke than that. Gauthier has been making this team bigger, if Smith-Pelley was available when he had a pick, I'm sure PG would be looking to draft him. PG was busy drafting a 6'7 titan on the backend who brings more size and toughness to the prospect pool. Yemelin coming over and Cole signing makes this team bigger.

You can't HONESTLY believe that Gauthier goes out of his way to draft soft talented players instead of the Best player available can you?

Ghetto Sangria is offline   Reply With Quote