View Single Post
Old
08-07-2011, 07:16 PM
HockeyFanSince86
The Team People Love

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Kaberle solidified their blueline, he didnt produce on their PP before the last round but still was a nice contributor for them regarding transition.. Seguin hasnt had much impact in their playoffs race but having a such talended kid around improve your depth and confidence.. his 4 pts game was also a boost for the team.. And Im not even talking about Bruins' future, Seguin and Hamilton are gonna be solid contributors for years to come.. Also, when you see your GM doing a such move (the Kessel trade), stealing and I would even say destroying a rival like this, it gives the whole organisation alot of credibility.. we shouldnt under estimate the real impact of this famous trade..
Hey guys, not here to cause trouble.

As far as this opinion I would say it is to early to tell if we won or lost that trade. Seguin needs to show what Kessel has, Knight needs to break the roster and Hamilton from what I have been hearing needs quite a bit of time to grow into what he is pegged to be.

For argument sake lets say the leafs kept the picks and we had Seguin. There would be no guarantee that we would have drafted Knight and Hamilton like Boston did. Boston is in a completely different area than we are. We needed a player that could be a game breaker and Kessel was that guy. So far he has been everything we where told he could be.

As far as Burke goes some like him some hate him, really all in how you view growth and the steps that it takes to build a franchise that was filled with AHL talent when he took over. With the Boston trade he chose to over pay for kessel ( with picks not knowing who they would be ) we did not have anything on our roster Boston wanted/needed or that we were willing to give up. I believe because Burke chose to go the route he did with the over payment it opened the door for the Kaberle trade and the return we had for him.

Because of that Kaberle trade we now have Colborne,Liles and Biggs. So to say who has won the trade now would not be possible, we will have to give it at least until seguin regularly plays 82 games a season or close to it.

HockeyFanSince86 is offline   Reply With Quote