View Single Post
Old
08-07-2011, 10:37 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
McD and Sauer will not be paired next season. So even one or both will have a quite normal regress, that will not effect anything very much. One of them, probably Sauer, may be dealt as we no need that many Ds of the same type.
not sure how u figure that...what's a regress for 2 guys who have ALWAYS been rock solid in their own zone? it's not like this is MDZ who got by 2 years ago based on his offensive prowess...these 2 have been solid in their zone their entire careers....Sauers only issue has been health...when healthy he was always going to be a damn solid defenseman....frankly he should have made this team....what was it....3 seasons ago? Renneys last season i think....he was one of our 2 or 3 best defenseman all throughout preseason....except Renney isn't torts...w/ torts, if you win a job, you win a job, period. anyways, thats neither here nor there....to me if there are 2 solid examples of players who should be sophomore slump proof it's these 2 guys. Why? because they keep it simple, they don't try to do too much. If they add offense to their game, its bonus, but all they gotta work on is keeping players to the outside, winning those physical battles, and chipping pucks out on the glass...they know their strengths.

the player that looks poised to have a slump would probably be Stepan because of how many of his goals were just sheer luck....i think he's going to regress in the goal scoring department this year...and of course i think most if not all of us expect Boyle to have a huge drop off in production (50% or more)

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote