View Single Post
Old
08-08-2011, 01:02 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Personally, I'd like to see Scott Hannan brought in to provide that veteran stay-at-home element to the team, but doing so I believe would likely send Ekholm back to Sweden for the year. I'm not necessarily sure that wouldn't be a bad thing though either...

As many are aware, I've been high on Ekholm for quite a while now. I think he'll turn out to be a legit NHL defenseman and honestly stands a chance at being the best of our prospects when all is said and done.
A year of Scott Hannan actually sounds like a good idea. We really dont have a older VET outside Bouillion but i dont think he will be playing, at least start of year. Some ppl may not like that and want to see the kids on pair 3. But neither of Josi/Ekholm/Ellis have played a shift in the NHL.

Another year of him certainly would not be a bad thing. I remember you saying a while back during the year that Ekholm was playing like the most improved prospect. I didnt take it into account at the time but boy has he raised his ceiling. Im starting to lean on him more than Ellis, not so much Josi yet. I still think Josi could be the best he just needs to show he can stay healthy. Were so spoiled by dmen, wish i could say the same bout forwards.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote