View Single Post
Old
10-22-2003, 04:15 PM
Prussian_Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1
I posted this on the circus page, but I will spare everyone from going there:

Look, Johnson reminds me of a sniper in the middle of a draught. He looks very tight in net and seems to be afraid to make a mistake. He is really trying to prove himself to the team, thereby helping his own confidence. And I really think this is hurting his game. It may be good to send him down and play 10-15 games in the AHL, but I don't see him clearing waivers...

I think that he needs another start and soon - kind of like falling off your bike, need to get right back up there. (Not saying tonight, but maybe Friday)
I concur 100% with everything said here.

I'd also be willing to look into the prospect of prying Pasi Nurminen out of Atlanta, if they ever get around to letting Hurme play. Of course, if they'd move Hurme for a good price, I'd take him in a second.

Tuomas Nissinen is playing a little better this year in Finland, but I doubt he's ready tocome over and be an NHL backup next year. Barulin is only 18 and still needs work. Chris Beckford-Tseu is a possibility, but he also would need some AHL time before getting the NHL backup job.

The Blues have four capable AHL goalies -- Divis, Sanford, Szuper and Rudkowsky -- but none has stepped to the forefront in the early going and made the statement that they want to be playing in the NHL.

PB