Old
08-08-2011, 09:48 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Akeson was 20 during his final year w/ 108pts in 67 games (1.61ppg). The year before as a 19 yr old he had 80pts in 65 games (1.23ppg) and as an 18 yr old (his first full year) he had 64pts in 56 games (1.14ppg). as you said just because you were a ppg player doesn't mean you'll amount to anything in the NHL. and yes he was a little older but didn't fair badly in his two previous years. I just think the likes of ranford, cousins and akeson should be ranked higher then holmstrom, read and sestito because they have much higher ceilings but that thats not to belittle sestito and the others after all even role players/4th liners have a place on every team in the league. i guess just agree to disagree.
Fair enough. Maybe I'm just a Sestito fanboy. I'm really hoping he takes Shelley's spot as the muscle but also can be a more complete player. I'd prefer Sestito over Rinaldo and Shelley every day of the week if the Flyers are going to use one as a 4th line enforcer type player (which my guess is they will).

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote