View Single Post
Old
08-08-2011, 12:07 PM
Ridley Simon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Based on how McPhee talked about the Brouwer trade, I'm betting the organization views him as a Top 6 winger. Whether Boudreau puts him in that role is another question, but McPhee isn't about to go out and spend his last pennies to sign another winger unless someone gets hurt or really sucks. I think he's holding on to those few pennies as his "rainy day fund" for any problems that arise with the team so he can add one more player via small trade or waivers if the need arises.
I'd like to see Brouwer play with Laich and Ward. Call it whatever line you want (2 or 3, I dont care).

Unless Sjogren or Eakin earn top 9 minutes out of camp, we need another top 9 forward to play with Majo and Semin (or Majo and Knuble, depending what we do with Semin).

Ovy-Backs-Semin
Brouwer-Laich-Ward
x - Majo-Knuble
Chimera-Halpern-Hendricks

Again, Eakin and Sjogren should be given every opportunity to make the team. Heck, even Chimera could be the 3LW and let Sjogren/Eakin skate with Halpern and Hendricks.

Lots of options, but I would feel better if we added Stillman at 1m for that 3LW. But that's just me.