View Single Post
Old
08-08-2011, 01:19 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley Simon View Post
I'd like to see Brouwer play with Laich and Ward. Call it whatever line you want (2 or 3, I dont care).

Unless Sjogren or Eakin earn top 9 minutes out of camp, we need another top 9 forward to play with Majo and Semin (or Majo and Knuble, depending what we do with Semin).

Ovy-Backs-Semin
Brouwer-Laich-Ward
x - Majo-Knuble
Chimera-Halpern-Hendricks

Again, Eakin and Sjogren should be given every opportunity to make the team. Heck, even Chimera could be the 3LW and let Sjogren/Eakin skate with Halpern and Hendricks.

Lots of options, but I would feel better if we added Stillman at 1m for that 3LW. But that's just me.
Clearly McPhee doesn't feel the same way as you. If he felt there was an opening for a 2/3W, he would have signed one given his philosophy this off-season. Or even more to the point, he wouldn't have traded away Fehr. I wouldn't get my hopes up about the addition of a vet winger.

Beyond that, I don't think Brouwer-Laich-Ward would be a good scoring line by any stretch of the imagination. That's a #3 line, a real dump-and-chase and forecheck line. Nobody on that line is a great passer or playmaker. Offensively, all three of them are complimentary players, but none of them really compliment each other that well. Would rather put Brouwer or Laich in a chance to succeed at 2W, and have Chimera and/or Sjogren fill in on line 3.