View Single Post
Old
08-08-2011, 03:08 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
You can't really go by his record though. I was reading an article about him before yesterday's game and it said that in his last like six games or so he had a 1.75ERA or something similar w/ like 4 losses. I don't remember the exact numbers but it they were pretty absurd.

As far as oswalt I think he and phils will be ok. I mean he got hurt earlier this season came back and pitched like 4 games or so and then got injured again. He was out for almost 2 months this last time. So that's like 5 or 6 starts in the past like 4 months. If his fastball is around 91 and still "jumps" at the hitter I think he'll be better then ok it might take a while though. But thats just my opinion.

I too am worried about the phils offense against Cain and Lincecum . Hopefully they watch a lot of video between now and the potential post season match up.
I would think you just have to get AB's against them. How much could video really help you with out seeing the pitch coming towards you, ya know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by might2mash View Post
Yes, but giving up 12 hits in 6 innings isn't going to cut it, especially when there are a lot of better offenses than the Giants. Hopefully he'll be able to help us down the stretch, but I don't think he's going to be the same pitcher we saw last season again at any time.
I agree, it won't in the long run. That's kind of what I meant, he didn't have a good game but he did a good job of controlling the damage and left the game with a chance to win. That's about all you could ask of him with given the opposing pitcher and that it was his first game back in 2 months.