View Single Post
Old
08-08-2011, 05:03 PM
macavoy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
I think he'll do well under Clement Jodoin. I also wouldn't be surprised if he plays better with pro players. That behing said, we can't expect him to come into the AHL and be a scoring machine. It won't ever be his game. Like the others said, between 40 and 50 points would be great, and if he's not injured, it's realistic. Once he'll get bigger and stronger, he'll have a bigger impact.
This is kind of why I'd like to see him play another year of junior. Give him a chance to recover physically and maybe give him the chance to hone his offensive skills against some weaker opposition.

I really prefer the way Detroit takes their time with their prospects and lets them almost over mature before bringing them too the show. Look at how rushing Lats and SK worked out. Look at how giving MaxPac a year backeards against weaker opposition in the AHL worked out.

How old were Datsyuk and Zetterberg when they became NHL regulars. Eller is 2 years from being a consistent productive center. We have Pleks under contract for 4 years, we can afford to not rush this prospect.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote