View Single Post
Old
08-08-2011, 05:49 PM
Ridley Simon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Clearly McPhee doesn't feel the same way as you. If he felt there was an opening for a 2/3W, he would have signed one given his philosophy this off-season. Or even more to the point, he wouldn't have traded away Fehr. I wouldn't get my hopes up about the addition of a vet winger.

Beyond that, I don't think Brouwer-Laich-Ward would be a good scoring line by any stretch of the imagination. That's a #3 line, a real dump-and-chase and forecheck line. Nobody on that line is a great passer or playmaker. Offensively, all three of them are complimentary players, but none of them really compliment each other that well. Would rather put Brouwer or Laich in a chance to succeed at 2W, and have Chimera and/or Sjogren fill in on line 3.
Said with such authority! Is that you, George?

And Myst, remind me again why Laich paired with Brouwer and Ward wouldnt make a good scoring line? You yourself think Brouwer is a top 6 player. You applauded Laich's 4m+ yearly contract, and that salary should make him squarely top 9. So would you rather he play wing (even though GMGM has said repeatedly he's playing centre, and you have such insight into his feelings?) with Majo, or have Majo as 3C? Why do you think those players don't compliment each other?

Either way, we need a top 9 forward if Sjogren and Eakin arent ready.