Thread: Prospect Info: Is our prospect pool okay or weak?
View Single Post
Old
08-08-2011, 08:37 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
Weak... below average by NHL standards. But these things don't just fluctuate with incoming new picks, they also fluctuate with the development of existing players, and I think we have quite a number of players who aren't really highly thought of now, but who have some intriguing attributes and may develop into more notable prospects in the coming year. (All teams can say that, basically, but we're part of "all teams", and maybe it will be our guys who progress above the norm).

It would indeed help to have a few extra kicks at the can, and if we didn't have to make deadline/mid-season trades to get guys like Moore, Wisniewski, Sopel, and Mara, it would help a bit. One of the reasons I'm a proponent of signing available experienced depth players right now to round out our roster.

The team has done ok picking up FA prospects... Nash, Engqvist, Diaz, Berger, Delmas... it's definitely great that the team is adding that way. The more the better in that respect, I say. It's one available avenue for making up for some of the traded picks. But it would be even more ideal to have the best of both worlds.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote