View Single Post
Old
08-09-2011, 12:01 PM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyCrazed101 View Post
In all fairness, for the past two years, the Habs have been in the bottom half of the East in goal scoring. That says that the team has a harder time scoring than all of the other teams ahead of them. When you have trouble scoring, you need great goaltending to make up the difference and for the past two years, the Habs have had exceptional goaltending to make up for their scoring deficiencies so while it's discrediting to their forwards to suggest that it was ALL about the goalie, the fact still remains that for the past two years, their goalie situation has been huge to their success. I do think sometimes people overstate that in an attempt to discredit every other player on the Habs team, but taking out the exaggeration, I still think there's a lot of merit to the suggestion that the Habs aren't necessarily a lock for playoffs with an inconsistent or just average goalie between the pipes for them.
Well last time I checked, the goalie was part of the roster wasn't he? Why is it an handicap that the Habs have had goalies who have performed exceptionally? Furthermore, while it's true the goalies have been exceptional, not enough credit is given to the Habs coaching staff which IMO, has them prepared to play almost every night.

Habs have had success because they're well coached, they execute their system very well and benefit from exceptional goaltending and clutch goal scoring.

That's their identity...just like the Flyers and their explosive offense is their identity.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote