View Single Post
Old
08-09-2011, 11:41 AM
reffree

vCash: 500
I think there's alot of "?" in the Habs lineup.

First, for sure Markov and Georges are back, but they also lost Wiz, Sopel and Hamrilk. So there "as of now" healthy defense have Gill/Spacek on the top 4 and a rookie pencil in the 6th spot. That's not alot of dept if there's injuries or if Emelin, Weber, Diaz, etc don't get the job done. I trust Gorges to be the same, but who know's if Markov will still be a top 10 d ? Subban is young, will he improve or suffer the infamous sophomore slump ?

In offense Cole is the only addition, a pretty good addition on paper for that small foward group. But, Cole has played without Eric Staal only one time in his carrer and it wasn't a succes (ask Oilers fans). How will he adjust ? Cammallari and Gomez have room for improvement but will they ? Eller, Pacciorrety and Desharnais looks good per moments last year, can they look good for a complet year ? In know some fans think MaxPac is a shoe in for 30 goals this year but he would not be the only young player to look good 15-20 games to "regress" after.

Price had a pretty good years last year, but again, will all know how goalies stat goes rollercoaster from year to year ... he can improve, but there's more room the other way.

I see the Habs being a bubble team again this year, I think they're good enough for the playoff, but there's 9 teams I see good enough for the playoff, so one won't make it. Will it be the Habs ?

Depends on thoses "?"

reffree is offline   Reply With Quote