View Single Post
Old
08-09-2011, 12:09 PM
CGG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
Obviously, but Price's performance was so strong last season it's like suggesting that the Ducks will be better this season because Perry has the chance to improve on a 50-goal season. Nothing against Perry, but I'd bet against him having another sky-high shooting% for the same reason I'd bet against Price having another sky-high save%.
I see your point, but it's not quite the same. You know Price is going to face somewhere around 2000 shots next season, and save percentage isn't really affected by games played, time on ice or linemates. I have no clue if Perry will have anywhere close to the same number of quality scoring chances as he did last year, there are far too many factors at play.

Aside from that, Perry scored 50 and was a good 10% better than 2nd place Stamkos at 45. Price was actually tied for 8th in the league in save percentage for everyone who played 25+ games, not exactly mind blowing. I find it difficult to believe that Thomas will repeat his .938 from last season since that's shockingly high and no one has come close in recent years. A .923 from Price isn't that crazy to expect again next season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reffree View Post
I think there's alot of "?" in the Habs lineup.
Just like every other team in the league.

CGG is offline   Reply With Quote