View Single Post
Old
08-09-2011, 01:32 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
I don't think so. Hillen is Bouillon insurance and likely pushes Laakso for the No. 7 spot if/when Frankie is healthy. Sloan was signed to play in Milwaukee and replace Aaron Johnson on the depth chart. Lebda was never in the equation and was simply a cheaper buyout than Lombardi was.

Who else do you see being brought in? If Ekholm doesn't make the roster out of camp he has the option of heading back to the SEL for the season. I'm not sure where you think this depth is coming from?

We seem to have 1-2 spots open for maybe 4 guys. Injuries will occur over the course of the season, depth is critical to being successful over an 82 game stretch and hopefully late into the summer...

I see it as this.

1) If the Preds are to make a move for a T6 forward they will have to move prospects Where is Nashville's strength? Defensemen. Where will the cost be paid for that? In the defenseman position.

2) I truely believe that it will be a package of prospects to upgrade a current forward. Yes most say that the Preds don't have enough T6 forwards as is BUT they need an upgrade more than numbers. I would not be surprised to see Colin Wilson being the main part of an upgrade of his spot on the roster.

The signings give not only the depth needed to keep up with injuries but also be flexable to make moves.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote