Old
08-09-2011, 12:40 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
I see it as this.

1) If the Preds are to make a move for a T6 forward they will have to move prospects Where is Nashville's strength? Defensemen. Where will the cost be paid for that? In the defenseman position.

2) I truely believe that it will be a package of prospects to upgrade a current forward. Yes most say that the Preds don't have enough T6 forwards as is BUT they need an upgrade more than numbers. I would not be surprised to see Colin Wilson being the main part of an upgrade of his spot on the roster.

The signings give not only the depth needed to keep up with injuries but also be flexable to make moves.
Who says that? I think we're a minimum of 1 legitimate, proven top-6 (preferably top-3) forward from being a contender entering the season...

I agree that it'll likely be a package of picks and prospects, but also agree that Colin Wilson and/or Ryan Suter will be used as trade bait to acquire said piece. Preferably it is not Suter, but realistically sometimes you have to give to get and acquiring a player of that level is going to hurt.

I get what you're saying, but I just don't necessarily see either Ellis or Josi being our prime trade assets at this moment...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote