View Single Post
Old
10-22-2003, 06:30 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

vCash: 500
I'm very confused here. If the Rangers call up Moore and play him in place of Lindros for a couple of weeks, he might be ruined? Because he might discover that he needs to do more work to compete in the NHL? Because he'll get sent down when our most important center returns to the lineup? Because he's young and inexperienced and might make mistakes?

I really don't think that these fears are valid. Moore is NOT 19 year old away from home for the 1st time in his life. I have no doubt that he would take a promotion because of an injury the right way and use it as motivation to prove that he is able to compete at this level. If he is sent down after a successful stint, I'm also sure that he would realize it's a numbers game and Lindros is ahead of him in the lineup. I'm also convinced that if he has a difficult time and is demoted, he will use that to make himself a better player. Better he learn now what he needs to do rather than mope around and moan about how he'll never get a chance on a roster of veterans.

Of course, given the fact that the Powers That Be feel real heat to make the playoffs and the fact that we've started the season so slowly and now are playing without our most important center and our best defenseman, Sather will play it "safe" and go with the Devil he knows.