View Single Post
Old
08-09-2011, 02:10 PM
tuckrr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedorange View Post
I for one would like to see the flyers stop trading away our picks and start building with guys that we draft.Stop giving out the big money on UFA unless its a one or two yr deal.And no more NTC as well cause it handicaps the club most of the time cause the guys that teams want cant be moved cause of a NTC clause. And the team should invest more money in the scouting part so we can find the diamonds in the ruff like some of the other clubs do..........
I dont think we're as dependant on UFA as the rangers or teams like that...we really dont Usually (key word here) go after the big UFAs...

but look at Briere, that contract isnt looking so bad on him now (I would NOT have said that 2 years ago)

bryz wasnt really an UFA signing, since he never saw the open market...

If we went after a guy like suter i'd be pretty happy (even if we overpaid a little bit)

I think you need to draft strong AND sign UFAs when its reasonable...how else can you be better than other teams? I mean you only get 1 1st pick per year...so unless you go the pittsburgh route, you need to get those UFAs will make your team better.

sure they may ask for more $$$, but the guys you draft and sign save you $$$

theres no right or wrong here, you really need both to succeed.

that said, moving richards/carter for picks and RFA/prospects is exciting...'cuz this years UFA class is superb, we could do very well for ourselves this upcoming year. i'd give Suter up to 8mil (imo if we get him, Weber will follow in 2013)

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote