View Single Post
Old
08-09-2011, 03:17 PM
Kaizen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRDANHUTCH View Post
you don't understand that's the most players are assigned, but most don't.... look at what's occurring w/ the Kings right now.... Ontario isn't thrilled w/ their scenario but adding a secondary affiliate is not in the best interest of the overall goal....

but each team has its own philosophy in how they develop prospects... makes no sense to have a player learn another organization's "trade secret" because it's not your organization that's the primary affiliate(coaches, etc....) What advantage is it to DM to have a prospect learn under another's philosophy then when he gets to the AHL that is not what Edwards wants said prospect to learn.... the goal is for Portland to play the style Phoenix plays....
I'm not sure what you're saying with the bolded part there, are you saying the max ECHL assignment would be 3 players? OK, that's fine.

I guess the assumption I've made is that you understand the fact that a player has to buy into his team and coach's philosophy regardless of who's signing his paycheque. If a player has to ply his trade while improving under another team's philosophy, so be it.

If a player learns how to win at the ECHL level, the Don isn't going to give two shats what "philosophy" that winning environment developed under.

I can understand generally what you are saying regarding systems and philosophy with respect to the AHL/NHL organization but doesn't factor into the equation at the ECHL level.

We can agree the Coyotes braintrust would like Portland to play the same style Phoenix employs provided they have the resources (players) to do so.

Kaizen is offline   Reply With Quote