View Single Post
Old
10-22-2003, 05:41 PM
DaleHunter

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to DaleHunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall
"but we already have one-dimensional/passive guys like that in Semin, Jagr, Nylander, Lang and Gordon"

Disagree on the Gordon assesment (though I agree on all the others). Gordon is a responsible defensive player, even so far as to be described as a defense-first player. The fact that he's demonstrated any offensive ability is a complete bonus.
Aggree to disagree. From what I've seen on all the different boards, the reviews on Gordon are really mixed. Some love him, some hate him. I don't hate, I am just disappointed. From what I've seen of him in the first 6 caps games, he seems really soft. He's only 19, so he's not filled out yet, but at the same time, he doesn't seem to have much heart and desire. His skating is horrendous and it doesn't take much more than a stiff breeze to knock him from his skates. He's got some good vision, and some decent offensive awareness, but he looks a little lost at times. And he's lazy on the backcheck.

Trust me, I hope he proves me wrong, but I don't see him doing it. And as for the vitriole in my first post, blame it on the pain of losing Kono while Butch and GMGM get to stay.