Old
08-10-2011, 07:16 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Let the overrating begin... Same thing happened with Giroux. They're good players but you'd think they are Top 10 in the league by the way some people talk about them. The majority of people were sour on JVR before he broke out in the playoffs and now everyone loves him.
Damn right. I wasn't too high on him because he never showed anything at the NHL level that would lead me to believe otherwise. Then he exploded in the playoffs. Gave people reason to believe. If Couturier has similar seasons to JVR his first two years in the NHL, I'm sure people will sour on him until he shows otherwise. Same thing happens with every single player in the NHL. Guys with high expectations who don't exactly live up to them right away get swept under the rug so to speak. If they later live up to those expectations people will of course be excited about them.

For example No one is going to get all hyped on a player like Ben Holmstrom because he hasn't done anything. If he makes the team and scores 30 goals, then of course everyone is going to be saying OMG Holmstrom is the cream of the Flyers prospect crop.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote