View Single Post
Old
08-10-2011, 08:46 AM
macavoy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
I disagree. 40% of the players voted him the worst coach in the NHL. That has more to do with how he is as a coach than the team he's playing for.

But having 600+ wins only means people were willing to employ you. It doesn't mean the teams you coached bought into your system and/or liked you as a coach. At the end of the day the product on the ice will definitely help even the worst coaches get wins.
Being hated doesn't equal being a bad coach. I'm pretty sure Iron Mike was a lot more hated when he was in his prime and a better coach than in his latter years.

But the employability part was my point, he will very likely get another shot, yea he had some good teams in SJ but you don't get to the NHL and put up 600+ wins by luck and riding coat tails.

Your also forgetting that only last year he coached USA to within minutes of defeating powerhouse Canada for the Gold medal and took home the silver. The USA group was excellently coached, it wasn't the USA players stepping up despite horrible coaching.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote