View Single Post
Old
08-10-2011, 01:44 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclones Rock View Post
I'm a huge DD fan dating from his days in Cincinnati, but the notion of him being a PPG player seems to be a bit of a stretch.

Last season there were 9 players in the NHL with 80 points-including St. Louis who was second with 99. While there are similarities between St. Louis and DD, DD lacks St. Louis' explosive speed and doesn't have a cannon shot and those two things ain't gonna change.

It would also be a vicious indictment upon the scouting abilities of 29 other NHL teams should DD become a PPGer. He was a RFA this season and a plausible candidate for a future PPGer wouldn't have been able to have been signed to a 2 year contract for under $1m per season-unless nobody can scout in the NHL as DD is not an unknown quantity anymore.

I would think DD is most likely a peak 60-65 point per season player-assuming ample PP time and 2nd line ice time. Should he realize these type of numbers, he'll have a long and successful NHL career.
Well he signed for little, because he still has to prove himself and pot some serious goals/pts to receive a hefty contract. Very few know DD. I'd say the NE division knows him best. You're right about the difference between him and MSL, but I disagree about the shot. You can improve your shot at any given age (2nd hand experience lol).

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote