View Single Post
Old
08-10-2011, 07:28 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLjunior View Post
I agree with you that the top NCAA teams and the top CHL teams can go toe to toe.

Your right about the physical maturity bit, that's where a lower end CHL team would probably lose more often then not to say Havard.

But MOST CHL teams are better at producing pro players and the CHL has more high end talent.

The argument is a tough one and I am biased but I still say that the CHL is better but it really is men against boys in terms of NCAA VS CHL.

The physical maturity in the NCAA is higher then the CHL but not the caliber of play.
Players who have (to use Gillies' word) a man-body are not well served by playing overage in the CHL. When you're capable of beating the opponent simply by physically overpowering them, you're not going to learn and you're not going to get better. The AHL might be the best place for Coyle or Zucker this year, though with how crowded Houston is, I don't think that would be advisable for them or other Wild prospects. Of the other options in North America, the NCAA is a much better place for these two particular players to develop.

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote