View Single Post
Old
09-30-2005, 08:27 AM
habfan4

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph
A lot of times, management goes into camp to evaluate what they have, and what moves they still need to make. A patient management might wait to see if there were any surprises in camp that could provide an internal solution to holes in the lineup. If that doesn't happen, or if for whatever reason you evaluate what you have and it's not what you want to go into the season with, moves can be made. Also, surprises in other team's camps might make certain players available that weren't available prior to camp.

I'm not saying this is the case, but I don't think it's as illogical as you suggest.
I'm not really suggesting it's illogical, only that on the face of the situation there is nothing to suggest that the Habs are looking to bolster their blue line by going after a top pairing player. I completely agree that the situation is fluid and developments inside the Habs camp or others as you suggested might change BG plans (a key injury certainly could).

At the end of the day, It's debatable that the Canadiens even have the assets to procure a top end d-man (without opening a hole in the forward lines).