View Single Post
Old
09-30-2005, 09:13 AM
handtrick

vCash: 500
I'll just add some random observations besides the we sucked so bad in the 2nd period. Surprised to see P303 so disgusted that he doesn't even post a post game report...I think this is a first....

-the Thrashers came out from the opening bell hitting and finishing their checks much better than we did. I don't know whether our guys had been drinking the JR koolaid regarding preseason games or what, but we just didn't play physical at all.
The Bobby Holik, "lead by example," seems to be a new brand on the Thrashers this year.

-I am still waiting to see this "warrior" and "leaves everything on the ice" that we have heard about Danny Markov....I hope it is just the "preseason thing" and that persona will be in evidence by Oct 5.....

-Weber is not ready for prime time quite yet.....I think he is still adjusting to the speed of the game and seems to play pretty tenative out there...same but to a lesser degree Suter.....I think Shea really needs the Admirals year...but his big body is something we really need out there. I think our lack of size on the blue line will become a source of concern as we go along.

-There is no energy on the "energy" line without Tootoo. I know that I have been advocating him being sent down to Milwaukee...... and with only 21 nhl games until he has to clear waivers....I think that is still weighing on Trotzy's mind. But, last night a few "guided missle" hits by Toots in the second period, sure could have changed things around. I think Trotz is scared about what his "energy line" without Tootoo will be.....keep in mind Nichol may have made a big difference....but haven't seen him out there to know for sure. Trigg...I think I am coming over to your camp here...

-Dunham played a great game.....Vokoun was certainly flat and got smoked in the shootout....there will be games like that.....the key is how he bounces back. I was happy Trotz didn't pull him and let him bounce back on his own.

-After all the rookie mistakes of Weber and Suter in the second period...Trotzy stuck with them as a pair and let them continue to "mature by fire"...something he can do in the preseason....I think this game will be a huge milestone for both Shea and Ryan looking back....

-Surprised to see Robitaille, Gamache, and Upshall were all scratched last night....I expect they will all go tonight in Atlanta.

-Better see a different Preds attitude tonight in Atlanta......