View Single Post
Old
10-22-2003, 07:22 PM
Mathieu Lavergne
AKA Saku K.

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Mathieu Lavergne
José Theodore:

Brodeur is bigger, a better puckhandler and has been one of the most consistant goaltender of all-time. He has a shot at breaking some of Roy's NHL records. Theodore is not comparable to Brodeur, he has the talent to be a top goaltender and can steal games after games, that's a given but he isn't close to Brodeur. Theo is 27, you hardly find comparison at this age other than the player himself.

Mathieu Garon:

At best, I see him as a bigger version of Tommy Salo. Quick reflexes and sound positioning, the mental game is what kept Garon apart from the NHL level the last few years and Salo struggled lately having lacks of confidence. Garon has the potential to be a middle-pack starting goaltender like Tommy IMO.

Mike Komisarek:

Stevens is mean, one of the best captain of all time and his known for his famous open-ice hitting. I don't see the open-ice hitting from Komisarek and he will IMO never be as mean as Stevens is. Stevens is smaller (6-2 215) and is definitely a better skater than Komisarek. He was one of the best two-way rearguard in his prime, Komisarek will be a defensive force first. A smaller Zdeno Chara will always be the best comparison for Komisarek IMO. Chara fights occasionnaly and can deliver great hits along the board like Komisarek. He is not mean, take space in the locker room and can contribute offensively with his size, strenght & shot.

Ron Hainsey:

I think you severly under-rated Nieds, he is currently in the top-10 defenseman in the league and arguably the second best two-way rearguard behind Nicklas Lidstrom. Ron Hainsey has a lot to work on in the defensive zone, let alone being in Niedermayer's league. Darryl Sydor is the best comparison for Hainsey imo. Good in the defensive zone while racking up 40-50 points, a fixture on the first unit of the powerplay.

Sheldon Souray:

Sheldon Souray is Sheldon Souray, he is actually the same age as Ohlund. Souray's physical game is his main calling card and Ohlund tend to shy away from physical contact. He has more offensive skills than Sheldon will ever have if his career though he seemed to improve his overall skills offensively with his booming shot as his main weapon. Souray is mean physical defensive while Ohlund is a much more of a skill defenseman, not even close.

Andrew Archer: Archer has a lot to work on to be an NHLer, I don't think he can be more than a physical third pairing defenseman while Colin White's overall skill package is simply better imo. Archer is not a mean defenseman like White IMO but can drop the gloves. I like Acher's leadership and could be a player. I would compare him to Aaron Ward who'll drop them but certainly not a valuable defenseman like White.

Andrei Kastsitsyn:

Kastsitsyn is nowhere near a big powerforward he is a skilled player with an average frame. I often compare to Peter Bondra.

Chris Higgins:

Allison is 6-3 215 and is an elite playmaker while Higgins is 5-11 198 pounds with a lethal wrist and a quick release, nuff' said. I think Chris Drury with more defense and grit is a good comparison for Higgins in his prime.

Alex Perezhogin:

First line potential but most likely above-average 2nd liner. I think he will be a poor's man Mogilny offensively while having the same defensive skills Mogilny developed the last few year.

Marcel Hossa:

He plays a similar style to Glen Murray but will never score 40 goals maybe 30-35, at best.

Mike Ribeiro:

I like comparing Ribeiro to Nylander. Tremendous playmaker but streaky/inconsistant, both have slight frame as well. I think Ribeiro could score 60-65 regularly in the league if he reaches his ceilling. Mike is developing a defensive conscience which is good and Nylander is decent defensively.

Tomas Plekanec:

Sullivan with more strenght, HF's comparison is bang on.

Jozef Balej:

Valeri Bure, speedy scoring winger, Balej is playing a more gritty style than Valeri.

Michael Ryder:

Steve Konowalchuk's work ethic, speed and frame with the offensive tools of Marco Sturm, not as dominant defensively than those two though. 2nd/3rd liner with more offense than defense.

Ward - A poor's man Eric Cole is every facets of Cole's game. Slower, less grit, scoring potential and skills etc.

Bulis, Koivu, Markov etc are respectively Bulis, Koivu, Markov etc

All my comparison compares style of play and how the players would be at their best, I don't think all these prospects will make it.