View Single Post
Old
08-11-2011, 11:32 AM
hatedandproud

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds Partisan View Post
RD beat me to the punch....what he said.

I get tired of people saying "who could we get, Player X who has flaws or Player Y who got paid too much?" as if the literal list of players available is comprised of only those players who actually get dealt or are FA's. Seriously? Why keep repeating that same old crap defending Poile's moves (lack of moves) year after year? If your name isn't Crosby or Ovechkin, you are available. The "who could we get" question is tired, false and a copout.
and I get tired of the same old "Poile did nothing...," "Poile didn't even try to improve the team..." blah, blah. People have their heads in the sand if they think the gm is just sitting in his office playing angry birds all day.

In the end we are all named Sgt. Schultz, because WE KNOW NOTHING!!!!!!
Maybe the other players didn't want to come here, maybe the org. felt the player didn't fit the system, WHO KNOWS. The same goes for trades.

I understand the frustration, I do. I also want to see something done to improve the team, but we have no idea what goes on behind the scenes. I also don't want players brought in just to say "Hey look! We have a shiny new free agent!"
If anybody can provide some concrete evidence that Poile didn't even try to make a move, I'd love to see it.

hatedandproud is offline   Reply With Quote